Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Girl Talk - June 7, 1995

June 7, 1995
Dear Diary,
Today is Wednesday. This week is volleyball camp. Yesterday I went to the pool. After that I went home with Meredith.
There's this guy she really likes who she just found out likes her, too. At first the girl Dennis was going out with didn't want Meredith to go with Dennis, but then she finally said it was OK. Me and Meredith were talking to Dennis until like 12:15am. He is really nice. Meredith couldn't stop talking about him. She likes him so much. At first I felt sorry for her because that was before she knew Lori (his old girlfriend) said it was OK. While we were talking, this girl kept calling. Her name was Hailey. She called him like 7 times, literally. Dennis told me that Jennifer was trying to get him to ask this girl named Jackie. He said he didn't like her, but we later found out he was lying. He told Jennifer that he liked Meredith and Jackie the same. When I talked to him about 5 minutes after Jennifer got this information he told me he had changed his mind in those five minutes. He told me if we called him in the morning, he would probably ask her then. It was too early to call though so we called him back. He said he wasn't going to ask her, yet. That's it.
Cherelle was really getting on my nerves today at practice. First when I asked her about her party. She got all upset like I was complaining about not being invited, which I wasn't. Then she kept making faces and stuff. It was really getting on my nerves.

This summer, I spent about every day at Meredith's house because her parents worked. Mine were teachers so they were home during the summer, which was no fun. Meredith also had an older sister who would occasionally drive us places. Meredith also had her own phone line. Well, I guess she and her sister shared it, but her parents wouldn't pick it up. I didn't have that luxury at my house. Not that I got a lot of calls because I didn't. I was living in Meredith's world at this point. This actually went on for at least three more years. Interestingly enough, this summer (the summer between 7th and 8th grade) was, in my mind, awesome. I wasn't even living my life, but I thought it was awesome. My favorite song was All 4 One's I Can Love You Like That. I don't know what all that drama about Cherelle was about. Sounds like silly Burris drama that eventually pushed me to transfer to Northside for 8th grade.

I have some other non-old school stuff coming up so I hope I'm not driving you nuts with this middle school crap.

2 comments:

Soups said...

Literally.

Ashlee, That's Me said...

I love the middle school crap! lol