Friday, May 8, 2009

Incurable Optimism

OK, so I stole this from Michael J. Fox, but with his recent TV special to promote his most recent book, I have been sucked into his incurable optimism. I have always thought of myself as an optimist, but it's not always as easy as it sounds to know that everything is going to work out. I know this could be overkill, but it's something I've been focusing on...with Marty McFly's book and the uncertainty I hadn't expected in my life. Anyway, I have to stay optimistic or I will end up completely depressed. I really like this quote from How I Met Your Mother (I know it's lame that I'm taking so much life advice from a sit-com). It embodies what I hope for, I guess, and I think it's pretty true.

"Don't forget, on any day, you can step out the front door and your world can change forever"

It has before, and it will again...

No comments: