Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Denny's Ditty

If you listen to WFMS in the morning, you may have heard of Denny's Ditty. It's a segment on the ACM Large Market Personality of the Year-nominated* morning show, Jim Denny & Friends. (Sidenote: Jim Denny is actually a lot better looking in person than you'd think listening to his ditties) So anyway, Denny's ditty is a song that he makes up on the spot, and every day people e-mail suggestions which are then read to Jim Denny live on the air, he has like 2 minutes to write a song and he then plays/sings it for us. Well, I've been thinking about this blog, and it seems like when I sit down to write, I can't think of anything to write about and when I think of something that would be fun to write about, I am no where near my computer and have lost interest by the time I am. This brings me to the point of this entry. I think I could do my own version of Denny's Ditty (No, I will not be singing, but if I did, it would be amazing). My version would be more of an improv writing exercise and it would have a clever name - probably an alliteration a la Denny. Somebody gives me a topic (I envision utilizing twitter or facebook for this), I then take 20 minutes or so and write something clever. I could see myself doing this once a week or every other week. So that's my idea, however it does require reader participation so I need your help. Before you tell me if you're down or not, let me tell you why you should be. 1) You get to participate in what I write - that's like telling Bob Dylan what to sing about. 2) I'll write more so you'll have more to read to pass the time and 3) It'd be fun for me, so do it!

OK, let me know what you think! I can't do this without you!

*http://www.cmt.com/acm-awards/nominees.jhtml

2 comments:

Ashlee, That's Me said...

I am a fan or the plan! lol I have all kinds of blog ideas and no time to write them so I'd love to pass them on!

Ashlee, That's Me said...

Sorry I meant of not or! I know thats gonna drive you crazy!!! lol