Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Outsiders

I have three things to say about this.

1. This is one of my favorite songs right now. It's a song by Needtobreathe (I don't know why they don't believe in spaces, but I'm sure they had their reasons). Here this is a good version:


Now, what's cool about this, aside from the fact that the music's good, is that Jes and I saw them at the Vogue like 6 months ago (OK, maybe it was more like 4 months ago) and had no idea who they were and now they're at least semi-famous. That's fun. On somewhat of a side-note although not really that off topic, I would like to state for the record that randomly going to that show when we knew none of the bands really - on a week night, no less - was one of the more fun things I've done this year and was something of a turning point in my life. The old Karli would never go out on a weeknight unless it had been planned for months, and even then, I'd probably have a miserable time and go home early. So thank you, Jessica, for that. You rock.

2. I'm feeling a little bit like an outsider right now in my life. I have a lot going on right now most of which has been really awesome, but I'm feeling a little lost socially. My need to date every nice guy in my life has made it difficult for me to hang on to a group of friends so I find myself drifting. I am grateful for my new ITF friends and of course my old, and semi-old friends who are still my friends, but I'm still drifting between you all, and I still sometimes wish I had a solid group of friends to hang out with all the time.....HIMYM-style. (HIMYM=How I Met Your Mother). I'd like to find that, and ideally marrying Ted isn't the only way to get this, but given my history and the way things are going now it looks like I might have to marry into such an arrangement. So wish me luck with that.

3. Finally, what you've all been waiting for, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton (confession: I totally had to look up the author). I read this book in 8th grade English class and loved it of course. Who didn't love this coming of age tale? If you somehow managed to make it to this point in your life without reading this book, go ahead and rent the movie. It was good and featured something of a star-studded cast. I highly recommend it. OK, that's all I have to say about that.

4 comments:

JoeyB said...

K-SHON- keep up the good work. You are not an outsider in reality, you just feel that way inside, see how that works? Now that I'm making a lot of sense with this wonderfully philosophical comment, I will be looking out for one helluva shout out!

Much love-

Jes said...

Lizove the post. I rock atleast one of their songs every morning on my way to work.

Did you know they are opening for TRAIN in august?

XOXO

Karli said...

I did not know that! I am also loving Train right now so I think we should go.

Rachel Lauermann said...

I hadn't read any of your blogs for a while, so I figured I'd catch up. While it's not going to be philosophical, here's my first "comment":

1. I love that song! but the singer kind of looks like Kid Rock, which turns me off a little.
2. I am grateful for you too :) I've done a lot of floating, but not to ITF lately, so let's change that?
3. The Outsiders was one of my favorite books. Thanks for bringing back good memories of a good book :)