Thursday, December 3, 2009

The 3 B's

During Sorority Rush, there were three things we were not allowed to talk about with the rushees. We referred to those as the 3 B's. They were Boys, Booze, and I can't think of the third one. For today, I'm going with boobs. Boys, Booze and Boobs. You'll see why momentarily.

Let's start with boys. They suck. I know this is cliche so I'll keep it brief, but it's true. Even the nice ones are a-holes inside. They can't help it. It's in their DNA or something. Just look at Tiger. If Tiger can cheat on his wife than there's nobody out there who doesn't have that in them. Men in relationships are constantly fighting against their natural urge to be unfaithful. I do not have scientific evidence to back this up...just personal observations. It's hard to fault men for this because I truly believe it is hard-wired in them to be this way. So really we should be rewarding them every time they don't act on these impulses. Now I am digressing because this is not my current man matter. Every issue we as women have with men comes down to this one simple truth. So I'm dating or whatever sort of. And some people in my life like my mother and therapist are concerned that I will avoid going out at all because of my fear of getting hurt and end up holed up for the rest of my life. Well, that may be a little dramatic, but you get the gist. I just need to trust my instincts and not let anybody else convince me otherwise. Nothing really to report on this front which is fine. Moving on.

I have nothing to say about booze, but seeing as how I could only remember two of the three B's, I couldn't leave one of them out.

No, I am not taking advantage of this blog as an avenue to remind you all that I have perfect breasts. Oh look, I went ahead and did it anyway! Anyway, I'm currently in a debate with myself about breast health. This began when my sister called with a story (that I will not share here) which led to her informing me that we should be going braless as much as possible because wearing a bra can increase your risk of breast cancer. Apparently this was on Oprah, which obviously makes it true. I had never heard this before, but I had heard that wearing a bra more - specifically to sleep in was good to maintain breast perkiness. Charina at work (I like to roll the r when I pronounce her name, especially in my head because I can't really roll my r's out loud) has told me that her mother always told her to always wear a bra for this reason. Charina herself is pretty petite, but she claims that her mother is in her 60s and has shockingly perky breasts. So I'm torn. If anybody has any further insight on this bra vs. no bra debate, I would appreciate it.

Same thing on the 3rd B...Let me know if you remember what it was.

1 comment:

Karli said...

Boys, booze, and bars...apparently.

http://factoidz.com/sorority-rush-terminology/